EPISODE 26: Victim MentalityMar 16, 2020
Victim-hood and the blame game.
- Not too many people think or express that they are the victim.
- Not weakness, just our brain justifying our behavior
- Indicators of victim mentality.
o If my spouse would just meet my needs better
o If I just hadn’t looked at porn that first time
o If my church leaders would just help me more
o The house clean on ramsey –
o If only the circumstance was different
o Ask yourself, do I blame anyone else for things that I don’t like about myself or my behavior?
o Byron Katie talks about defensiveness as the first act of war
o That person doesn’t know my situation
o My life is different.
o No one else can understand what I’m going through
o No matter what I do it’s never good enough
o Zach driving
o This is a place of defending your actions even though you might want to change but think you don’t know how
o Ask yourself, is there someone in my life that is causing my pain?
o I just can’t catch a break
o Also, just plain negativity,
o this is never going to work, nothing I do works
o You feel sorry for yourself and feel trapped.
o You know this person in your life, they are constantly looking to engage in a conversation that is negative..
o Building a business has really challenged me in this area
o I just have to ignore those thoughts and move forward with my best plans.
o Ask yourself, do I complain , do I excuse my behavior, are my thoughts and words negative?
- Key indication is that the stories that you tell involve “someone did something to me” “it happened to me”
- “I was reading the news and the site showed an article that made me want to click further and that took me down the rabbit hole” – it just happened to me
- Be careful about your words – look for a victim and villain
Listen to the Full Episode:
Enjoy the Show?
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.